Finds applications where electrical integrity of the cable has to remain intact for at least three hours, so as to activate and maintain crucial functions such as fire fighting, public announcements, smoke extraction systems, sprinklers, emergency lighting, evacuation path lighting systems etc.
The areas for Fire resistant cable applications include places where large number of people congregate for short or limited period of time such as shopping malls, cinema theaters, educational institutions, airport terminals, mass transit systems (metro rail networks), high rise office buildings etc. FR cables also find use in power generation facilities, petrochemical complexes, nuclear power facilities, mines etc. for phased shut down of the plant and to keep critical functions like communication, rescue and evacuation systems functional during a fire.
- Construction : Single Core / Pair / Triad and Multi Cores / Pairs / Traids
- Voltage Grade : 600/1100 VAC
- Conductor : Stranded or solid annealed bare or Tinned Copper Conductor
- Fire Barrier : Glass mica tape
- Insulation : Silicone rubber or Cross linked polyolefin elastomer
- Screening: Individual and/or overall with following options –
– Aluminum Mylar/Copper Tape with Tinned Copper Drain Wire or
– Braided with Bare or Tinned or Nickel Plated or Silver Plated Copper
- Inner Sheath : LSOH/ZHFR or equivalent
- Armouring : Galvanised Steel wire helical armouring or wire braiding
- Outer Sheath : LSOH/ZHFR or equivalent
- Standards :
BS:5308 or equivalent with fire resistance to BS:6387 category CWZ and
IEC:60331 tested for 950°C for 3 hrs.