SMB TECHNICAL CONSULTANCY AND SERVICES PVT. LTD.
The latest state-of-the-art technology and global quality for products, systems and related services are the key elements to ensure reliable, un-interrupted and peak operation of any plant. With a view to ensure that these are available to customers, a team of engineers and technocrats, widely experienced in these fields, have come together under the banner of SMB TECHNICAL CONSULTANCY AND SERVICES
PVT. LTD. (SMB).
SMB offers and delivers products, systems and services to customers in India and abroad. The team with their in-depth knowledge, skill and experience in engineering, manufacturing, quality management, project execution, etc. monitors and supervises the entire delivery process of products and services to ensure that customers receive world class solutions for their requirements.
VISION & MISSION
Vision To be a world-class provider of technical and financial consultancy, services and solutions.
Mission Achieve customer delight through innovative, quality, cost-effective and value-adding
consulting, services and solutions.
SMB has a dedicated team with thorough knowledge in handling projects in India as well as in South East Asia and Middle East involving equipment and systems for mining projects, metallurgical plants, power plants, port and terminal facilities, etc., encompassing mechanical, structural, electrical and instrumentation disciplines.
The team includes key members together with supporting engineers, all with proven competence in their respective fields of design and engineering, manufacturing at different countries as per international quality norms, supervision at every stage, global sourcing, logistic management, erection,commissioning, maintenance and commercial handling till contract closure. The members, who have until recently been associated closely with world leading European organisations, are well known in their respective fields of expertise and appreciated by customers, consultants and suppliers.
The long-term experience in design, manufacture and installation of a wide variety of bulk materials handling equipment and systems, including consulting, systems design, engineering, procurement,erection and training, allows SMB to provide innovative solutions to Customers for optimising their requirements for transportation, stockyard systems and handling systems at terminals, power plants and port facilities.
The capabilities of SMB cover specialized conveying plants and systems including complete electrical andother sub-systems and transportation equipment including all types of stackers and reclaimers, stacker-cum-reclaimers and complete range of ship loaders and ship unloaders.
The following are some of the services which we can offer in these areas to support our esteemed
- Pre-tender discussions with customers and consultants;
- Techno-commercial proposals and estimates for projects, systems and equipment;
- Logistics assessment and estimates;
- Techno-commercial discussions / negotiations with customer / consultant during tender
- Contract finalisation (international and local);
- Assessment on taxation and statutory charges applicable for contracts.
- Feasibility studies (including geographical and hydrological studies), DPR, etc.;
- Planning and support services for strategic decision making;
- System planning & design;
- Bulk material handling solutions;
- Equipment selection and finalisation of parameters;
- Equipment condition assessment;
- Upgradation of machines and systems.
Design and Engineering Services
- System engineering.
- Plant layouts
- Basic and detail engineering (bulk material handling equipment, systems, etc.);
- Procurement specifications
- System integration
- Control philosophy design.
- Basic and detail engineering (substations, power distribution systems, networks, etc.)
- Power and control schemes
- Plant connection system including cable and termination schedules
- Earthing systems
- Logic flow diagrams
- Protection (power system analysis)
- Procurement specifications.
Control, Automation and Instrumentation
- Process automation including instrumentation
- Detailed engineering and design (PLC configuration, P&ID and process control narratives
- system architectures / topologies, etc.)
- Software flow diagram
- Stockyard management system.
Project Management Services
- Project scheduling, budget control and monitoring, man-power planning
- Design and engineering management
- Procurement management including global sourcing
- Vendor evaluation and manufacturing resource evaluation
- Techno-commercial evaluation and negotiations of vendor proposals
- Manufacturing co-ordination, technical support and supervisory services
- Quality management and monitoring
- Commissioning and handing over management
- Logistics management solutions
- Planning and schedules for resource allocation
- Contract management support
- Economic tax management for import, export and local contracts
- Risk assessment
- Claim management.
Construction & Maintenance Management Services
- Construction monitoring
- Equipment and plant erection and commissioning
- Equipment Health Assessment, Equipment Balancing & Replacement of Slew Bearing.
- Maintenance scheduling
- Routine maintenance and reporting
- Preventive maintenance
- Upgradation of technology.
MAJOR PROJECT EXECUTED
- KPCL – Refurbishment of CSR & CSS : SV Engineering Construction (I) PVT. Ltd.- Visakhapatnam.
- Deputation of Engineers at RMQC – 1 & 2 at Haldia Dock Complex : Haldia International Container Pvt. Ltd.- East Midnapur (W.B)
- Restoration of Ship Unloader # 2 at KPCL: SV Engineering Construction (I) Pvt. Ltd: Visakhapatnam.
- Providing Technical Services in the Design / Engineering for 1 No. BW STR for DVC: Heavy Engineering Workshop: Jaypee Nagar.
- Supply and installation of Highway Street Lighting of Toll Plaza at Km 438+500 (Jharkhand State): M/s IL&FS Transportation Networks Limited(Barwa Adda Expressway Limited): Durgapur
- Supply and installation of Highway Street Lighting of Truck Parking at Km 441+800 (West Bengal State): M/s IL&FS Transportation Networks Limited(Barwa Adda Expressway Limited): Durgapur
- Providing Technical Services in the Design/ Engineering, Procurement and Erection / Commissioning of 2 Nos. @2,000tph capacity GSU for TANGENDCO/BGR Energy Systems Limited, Chennai: M/s Anupam Industries Limited: Gujarat.
- 1 No. Of 3000 t/hr Capacity Grab Ship Unloader for Tata Steel, Corus, Netherlands, through: Famur Famak S.A., Poland / FIMS, Kolkata : M/s Famur India Mining Solutions Pvt. Ltd: Kolkata.
- Pre-tender Engineering and Estimation – 3 Nos. Barge/Ship Unloaders for BIFPCL, Bangladesh Maitree STPP: M/s Anupam Industries Limited: Gujarat
- Pre-tender Engineering Support Services for 2 Nos. Ship Unloaders for KICTPPL, Paradip: M/s Famur India Mining Solutions Pvt. Ltd: Kolkata.
- Pre-tender Engineering Support Services for 3 Nos. Barge Unloaders for JSW Dharamtar Port Private Limited.: M/s Famur India Mining Solutions Pvt. Ltd: Kolkata.
- Solar Installation of Solar On-Grid Connected Rooftop Project – Supply of GI Chemical Earthing Materials.: M/s Nimesh Energy Solutions Pvt. Ltd.: Madhya Pradesh.
- New Alumina Ship Load Project – Installation, Tasting and Commissioning of new Ship Loader and Dismantling of old machine: M/s National Aluminium Company Limited: Bhubaneswar.
- Pre-tender Engineering Support Services for Stacker-cum Reclaimer 6000/4500 tph, 45 m long Boom for EMO: M/s Famak India Private Limited: Kolkata
- Wheel Assemblies for Main & Auxiliary Trolley for Ship Unloading: Chettinad International Coal Terminal Pvt. Ltd : Chennai
- Site review of Ship Unloading at Chettinad, Mangalore: FLSmidth Private Limited: Tamilnadu.
- 2×660 MW Mairtee STPP, Bangladesh – Engineering of 3 Nos, Ship Unloader A/C BHEL, India: Taim Weser, S.A., Spain
- Trolley Drum Bearing Housing Assembly (NDE & DE) for Ship Unloader: Chettinad International coal Terminal Pvt. Ltd: Chennai
- 2 Nos. Ship Unloader of 1750 tph capacity (GLU#1 & GLU#2) at Ennore Port-Tecnical Assessment: M/s Chettinad International Coal Terminal Limited, Chennai
- Support Service for Engineering to TIND for 1700 TPH Capacity Grab Type Ship Unloader with Basic Engineering for Mechanical & Structural and Electrical Engineering: M/s Tenova Private Limited, Chennai
- Technical Investigation of the Boom failure of Ship Loader # 2 at JSW Paradip Iron Ore Berth: Grafix Engg Consultants Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi
- TINDC771 – BHEL, Bangladesh – 3 Nos. Ship Unloader: M/s Takraf India Private Limited, Chennai
- Ship Unloader for Ennore Coal Terminal – Replacement of Boom Hinge: Ennore Coal Terminal Private Limited, Tamilnadu, India
- Prebid & Post Order Design, Engineering, Inspection and Supervision of Manufacturing & Erection, Testing & Commissioning of 3200 tph Ship Loader for IOHP, Paradip Port Trust: Promac Enginering, Bangalore
- Providing Design, Engineering Services at Proporal Stage for Grab Ship Unloader, Soudi Arabia: M/s Takraf India Private Limited: Chennai
- Providing Design, Engineering Services at Proporal Stage for Grab Ship Unloader for CSN Mineracao, Port of Itaguai- Tecar, Brazil: M/s Taklraf India Private Limited: Chennai
- Revamping& Health Check up of Stacker Reclaimer at KPCL, Krishnapatnam: SV Engineering Constructions (I) Pvt. Ltd: Visakhapatnam
- Re-engineering, modification/strengthening of 2 Nos, stacker reclaimers for coal/iron ore and supervision of erection & commissioning of machines for Krishnapatnam Port.
- Assessment of operational deficiencies, design/manufacturing defects and recommendation of technical solution for 1 No. stacker reclaimer in operation at Jindal Shadeed Steel, Oman, A proposal for undertaking the complete revamping is now under discussion.
- Technical evaluation and study for carrying out refurbishment/ strengthening/ upgrading of 1 No, ship unloader in operation at IFFCO, paradip Port and we have been shortlisted as a registered bidder to undertake major revamping of their machineries.
- Health assessment and upgradng of complete automation system for a container crane at Haldia International Cargo Terminal.
- Salvaging and retrieving of a ship unloader at Krishnapatnam Port including complete supply support for replacement of accidental damaged items including complete re-engineering and supply of structures, grab trolley arrangements and associated drive system, etc.
- Technical audit o 2 nos. Ship Unloaders at Chettinad Port Terminal, Ennore Port and to assess health condition, recommend upgrading needs to achieve life cycle. These machines are now in operation for more than 10 years. we adopted mordern investigation gadgets to assess condition of structures (splice & regular joints – closed box or open structures), mechanical drives, rope pulley systems, operational deficiencies, etc.
- Accidental failure and root cause analysis of damage to Bulk handling Yard machines, ship loaders, Ship Unloaders, etc. at different ports (Ennore, Paradip, Visakhapatnam Ports).
- Design & Engg. Of 3 nos. Grab Ship Unloaders of Cap @1700 tph for Maitree Power project, Khulna, Bangladesh;
- Design & Engg. of 2 Nos. Grab Ship Unloaders of cap. @3000 tph for TANGEDCO, Ennore Port;
- Design & Engg. of 1 No. Grab Ship Unloaders of cap. @3000 tph for Ijmuiden Port, Netherlands;
- Engineering for 1 No. Stacker Reclaimer for DVC power station in Jharkhand State;
- Besides, we are also working on providing technical solution for different Port and Steel Plant equipment.
Mr. Bimal Mundhra
E-mail : [email protected]
Mobile : +91 98310 11544
Mr. Nishant Mundhra