High temperature cables are used in areas where both working temperatures and ambient temperatures are too high. They are made with a wide range of conductors, insulating materials and screening materials depending on the temperatures and conditions under which the cable has to perform.
Single core high temperature hook-up wires & Multi core / Multi pair, Screened & Unscreened and Armoured & Unarmoured cables:
- Construction : Single Core or Multi Core / Pairs
- Voltage Grade : 250VAC, 600VAC & 1000VAC (Rating as per MIL 16878, VDE, DIN, ANSI)
- Conductors : Annealed bare and/or tinned copper conductor (up to 120° C)
Annealed silver plated copper conductor (up to 200° C)
Nickel plated conductors (up to 260° C)
- Screening : Individual and/or overall with following options –
– Aluminum Mylar/Copper Tape with Tinned Copper Drain Wire or
– Braided with Bare or Tinned or Nickel Plated or Silver Plated Copper
- Armouring : Armouring of galvanized wire, stainless steel wire, high strength steel
- Standards : Conforming to IS 8130/ IEC 60228 / VDE 0295
Industry & Applications
- Steel : Cables for blast furnace, electric arc furnace, hot & cold rolling mills, steel refining facilities etc.
- Communication : High frequency co-axial cables for VHF, UHF and XHF transmission
- Marine : Engine proximity wiring for good resistance to high temperatures, fuel oils, chemicals, saline air/water etc.
- Petrochemical : Instrumentation & control, temperature sensing, fire warning etc.
- Power : In proximity to the turbines, boilers, ash handling etc.